Comprehensive General and Family Dentistry in Marshall, Tx
Dr. Charles A. Parker makes you smile by caring for your teeth, gums and systemic well-being. In other words, there’s nothing general about general dentistry services. At Marshall Denture and Dental Clinic, your Marshall, TX dentist has everything necessary for a healthy, attractive and lasting smile. From preventive services to complex restorative procedures, Dr. Parker and his staff prioritize your health so you will live well with a great smile.
An oral exam is the foundation of dental care
Dr. Parker and his professional staff see their patients every 6 months for a complete oral exam and hygienic cleaning. A regular, comprehensive exam spots problems and potential problems before they are complicated, painful, harder to treat and harmful to systemic health. Cleanings, often called prophylaxis, work with home hygiene habits to remove bacteria-laden plaque and tartar from tooth enamel, interdental spaces and the gum line.
When Dr. Parker evaluates gums, he measures gum pockets and looks for signs of recession, bleeding and infection. If necessary, he can begin periodontal, or gum disease, therapy to deep clean tooth and root surfaces via hand scaling and root planing. This procedure restores gum tissue, stops damage to bone and prevents serious conditions such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, dementia, arthritis, osteoporosis and hypertension.
In addition, during a check-up, your Marshall, TX dentist:
- inspects for signs of tooth decay
- does orthodontic evaluation
- checks for signs of oral cancer
- checks how your teeth bite together
- evaluates for TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorder and tooth grinding (bruxism)
- checks existing restorations such as fillings, crowns, bridgework and dentures and also those bothersome wisdom teeth
- takes x-rays and other imaging when needed to evaluate roots and jaw
With his findings, Dr. Parker creates a treatment plan that incorporates immediate and long-term needs and also aesthetic goals such as improved tooth color or treating chips and gaps. f At Marshall Denture and Dental Clinic, each patient is treated as an individual with needs specific to their health and appearance.
A rundown of restorative and cosmetic dental services
For simple to complex restorative and cosmetic issues, Dr. Parker offers:
- tooth-colored fillings
- porcelain crowns
- a wide variety of high quality denture options and bridgework
- state of the art dental implants to replace missing teeth
- tooth extractions
- comfortable root canal therapy to save teeth compromised by decay and infection
- cosmetic resin bonding to fill in gaps, chips and misshapen teeth
- porcelain veneers to cover deep stains and large defects in tooth structure
- Rembrandt teeth whitening to improve dull, yellowed tooth enamel safely and quickly
- smile makeovers and full mouth reconstruction
- sedation dentistry for maximum patient comfort and relaxation
Come to Marshall Denture and Dental Clinic for your best health
Your best smile and health comes from careful dental care from Marshall, TX dentist, Charles Parker DDS.Contact his staff today to arrange for your examination and cleaning.